B.Tech - Civil Engineering (CE)
Civil engineering is the basic foundation of the engineering fields. Civil engineering Department focuses on developing students who can define and create the infrastructure of the world which include Water works, Sewers, Dams, Power Plants, Transmission Towers/Lines, Railroads, Highways, Bridges, Tunnels, Irrigation Canals, River Navigation, Shipping Canals, Traffic Control, Mass Transit, Airport Runways, Terminals, Industrial Plant Buildings, Skyscrapers, etc. The Department of Civil Engineering has been in existence since the inception of VCE and has grown into a well equipped department with specializations in all the major areas of Civil Engineering. The departmental activities embrace Planning, Design, Construction and Management.
- Deliver competent services in the field of Civil Engineering with a knowledge of the principles of engineering and the theories of science that underlie them.
- Exercise leadership quality and professional integrity, with a commitment to the societal needs and sustainable development.
- Continue the professional development, nurture research attitude, and life-long learning with scientific temperament.
Laboratories in CE Department:
- Geotechnical Engineering Lab
- Transportation Engineering Lab
- Building Material lab
- Structural Engineering Lab
- Environmental Engineering Lab
- CAD Lab
- Surveying Lab
- Our students function successfully in the fundamental areas of Civil Engineering, and within a specialty, such as structural, geotechnical or water resources engineering.
- Graduates are prepared for advanced education in Civil Engineering and related fields.
- Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Building Control Surveyor
- Building Services Engineer
- Engineering Geologist
- Quantity Surveyor
- Site Engineer
- Structural Engineer
- Water EngineerSAIL
As per AICTE & University Guidelines.
For 2nd year (Lateral entry) Diploma in Engineering with 60% and above marks OR B.Sc Degree with Mathematics.
Intake : 120 Seats
Duration : 4 Years