B.Tech - Information Technology (IT)
The B.Tech (IT) is a 4-year degree program in Vidya College of Engineering and the students are given theoretical and hands-on training in Programming Techniques, Database Management System, Microprocessors, Operating Systems and other Application Software. The department provides state-of-the-art computing facilities by providing about 300 computers. There are number of programming languages and front-end tools like C/C++, Java, VB.Net Developer 2000 and back-end like MS Access, SQL Server, Oracle 9i & 10g are used for software development.
The syllabi of B. Tech (IT) are regularly updated to keep pace with the latest developments in the Industry. The faculty of the department undertakes an active interest in various research areas like Software Engineering, Computer Networks, Optimization Methods and Parallel Algorithm.
Laboratories in IT Department
- Digital Logic Design Laboratory
- Data Structures Laboratory
- Numerical Techniques Laboratory
- Computer Organization Laboratory
- Operating System Laboratory
- Object Oriented Techniques Laboratory
- Web Technology Laboratory
- Compiler Laboratory
- Cryptography & Network Security Laboratory
- Computer Networks Laboratory
- Distributed System Laboratory
- Digital Image Processing Laboratory
- Artificial Intelligence Laboratory
- Computer Graphics Laboratory
- Advance Programming Laboratory
- Algorithms Laboratory
- DBMS Laboratory
- Microprocessor Laboratory
- Software Project Management Laboratory
- An ability to design a software or digital hardware system, component or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability.
- Knowledge to analyze and design complex systems containing hardware and software components, as appropriate to Computer Engineering.
- Knowledge of algorithms and data structures to implement software
- An ability to apply design and development principles in the construction of software systems of varying complexity.
- Knowledge of concepts of programming languages to design and develop web projects and software projects.
- Knowledge of computer organization and architecture to know the process of hardware installation and design.
- Knowledge of problem analysis and solution design.
- An ability to apply Mathematical foundations, algorithmic principles, and Computer Science theory in modeling and design of Computer-based systems in a way that demonstrates comprehension of the trade offs involved in design choices.
- Developers and Specialists in high-end services and IT-product companies.
- Development Engineers, Technical Leaders and Managers.
- Consultants, Solution Developers and Entrepreneurs.
- Computing Specialists in Research Labs and Technology Providers.
- Designer, Tester, Analyst and Content Writer in IT-services companies.
- System/ Network Performance Analysts and Simulation / Evaluation Specials in IT companies.
As per AICTE & University Guidelines.
For 2nd year (Lateral entry) Diploma in Engineering with 60% and above marks OR B.Sc Degree with Mathematics.
Intake : 60 Seats
Duration : 4 Years