About the FDP
The main objective of the FDP is to focus the various advancements in the field of power plant engineering. The eminent personality of various fields of thermal industry, power plant industry and automobile industry will come at one platform to discuss the various aspects during this program. This FDP is beneficial to faculty members, students and all the participants to share their opinions among the various researchers and industry people. With the globalization of the world economy, India is emerging as one of the key technical hub and there is considerable demand from industry for mechanical engineers capable of meeting the challenging requirements. The current trend in improved product has lead to new trends with increase interest in power plant sector, renewable energy sector.
Scope & Objectives
- To enhance the knowledge of participants in the field of application of thermodynamics in power plant engineering.
- To explore the recent trends and possibilities of improvements in power plant engineering.
- Further participants will be able to apply these concepts in their research work as well as class room teaching.
- It will also help in exchanging of ideas to bring the focus on relevant issues in this field.
- This will also help to reduce the gap between industry and academic.
- This will also help the researchers to think about the alternate energy resources.
Areas of FDP
The specific topics of the FDP include, but are not limited to:
- Applied Thermodynamics
- Renewable Energy Resources
- Hydraulics & Hydraulics Machineries
- Environmental Issues of Power Plant Engineering
- Heat And Mass Transfer
- C. Engine
- Refrigeration & Air Conditioning
- Heat Exchangers
- Power Plant Engineering
- Solar Energy
- Fuel Cells
An industrial visit was planned and organized on 13th September 2018 for the students of Mechanical Engineering Department (2nd Year & 3rd Year students). About 70 students of Mechanical Engineering 2nd Year & 3rd Year including 5 students of E.C. department were taken in 2 buses. Buses started at around 6:45am and four faculty members of Mechanical Engineering Department namely: Jujhar Singh, Associate Professor, Nand Gopal, Assistant Professor, Mukesh Kumar, Assistant Professor, Gaurav Aggawal, Assistant Professor accompanied the students. First stoppage was at “HAR KI PAURI” for darshan and prayer to “The GANGA MATA” for successful visit. Further we moved to BHEL HARIDWAR so as to reach the destination at scheduled time of 1pm. We met senior authorities of BHEL by granting us permission for the subject visit and handed over the list of students and staff going to visit BHEL. Now, we took all the students in 4 groups to visit different sections of industry. Different important sections of the industry viz: Fabrication shop, machine shop, forging shop, foundry shop, electrical machine shop, generator manufacturing section, heat treatment section and many more sections on the way. It was really very good useful visit and eye opener. Few photos of visit were taken and they are attached with for further reference and record.
We celebrated womanhood in its glorious form, having a plethora of eminent women from various walks of life. From Bureaucrats to entrepreneur, from social reformers to fashion designers, it was indeed a pleasure to be among such wonderful women along with various women of the campus. Here are a few snapshots from the Day.