Masters in Business Administration (MBA)
Management and administration form the base of any business’s success story, and therefore the drivers of business management and administration are professionals who place on their experience in managing business expeditiously. Business management involves creating use of a company’s accessible resources in running and increasing the organization’s operations, while at the same time providing efficient delivery of services to the company’s patronage. Business administration takes care of handling the smooth functioning of various company operations – accounting, finance, marketing, management of information technology, projects, branding, etc.
The 2 year Degree program Affiliated to AKTU Lucknow, the program aims at remodeling and nurturing people into accomplished professionals. The ideology for Master in Business Administration program is to bring in attitudinal modification among the students, to develop their leadership qualities and eventually to mold them into competent managers to utilize resources optimally and to take effective decision to attain organizational goals and success.
The subjects covered in each semester are designed so as to equip students with modern management concepts and techniques with emphasis to relate it to real life situations.
Specialization in Finance
The Finance specialization addresses issues relating to financial services and securities, with relevant coverage of high technology firms, large corporations, and entrepreneurial companies. The Finance stream will focus on following domains:
- Corporate Finance
- Wealth Management
- Investment Banking
- Banking Management
Specialization in Marketing
The focus of the program is on sharpening analytical and decision-making skills in topics such as advertising, integrated marketing communications, market research, brand/product management, distribution, relationship marketing and international marketing. The Marketing stream focuses on:
- Retail Management
- Services Marketing
- Product Marketing
Specialization in Human Resource Management
HR being highly specialized and critical function of business administration holds utmost importance in the curriculum of management. The primary objective of this specialization is to train the participants in competencies such as knowledge of the business, personal credibility, functional HR expertise, and management of Change. The HR stream focuses on:
- Industrial Training & Development
- Human Capital Management
- Organizational Development
- Industrial Relations & Personnel Management
Specialization in Information Technology Management
MBA in Information Technology Management is designed to provide students with a range of analytic, strategic and leadership skills while meeting the demands of the IT industry. The program provides graduates with training and experience that will prepare them for increasingly competitive careers in the fast moving areas of Business and Information Technology. The IT stream focuses on:
- System Programming & Design
- System Information Management
- Project Management
- Network Management
Specialization in International Business
The MBA in International Business gives a strong foundation in general management subjects and all the basic areas of international business during the first year. In the second year the students choose their specialization in areas of Marketing, Finance, Supply chain management etc with special emphasis on the International Business perspective. The IB stream focuses on:
- International Logistics
- International Marketing
- Export and Import Management
- Foreign Exchange Management
Specialization in Hospitality Management
MBA in Hospitality Management prepares young professionals for senior managerial positions through a focus on problem solving, data-driven decision making, and strategic business and leadership development. The program me’s objective is to equip students with the skills necessary for eventual higher level management in the hospitality industry by focusing on those subjects that elate to the internationalization of hotel and hospitality companies. The HM stream focuses on:
- Hospitality Real State
- Global Hospitality Management
- Services Marketing
- Strategic Management
Specialization in Rural Management
MBA in Rural Management aims at preparing professionals for a challenging career in the rural management for public and private sectors, NGOs, national and international organizations. The primary objective of this stream is to develop skills in planning, building and managing organizations, diagnosing and solving management problems in rural management. The RM stream focuses on:
- Sociology and Rural Development
- Rural Marketing
- Natural Resource Management
- Globalization and Development
- Business Knowledge: Students after obtaining complete knowledge of business can demonstrate technical competence in domestic and international business through the study of major disciplines within the fields of business management.
- Critical Thinking Skills: Students are able to analyze, define and devise solutions for structured and unstructured business issues using cohesive and logical reasoning patterns for analyzing information, materials, and data.
- Communication Skills: Students are able to conceptualize a complex contention into a lucid written statement and oral representation.
- Technology Skills: Students are competent in the uses of technology in modern organizational operations and companies.
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation: Students can demonstrate the elements of creating and managing innovation, new business development, and high-growth potential entities
Admission to MBA First Year through Entrance Examinations: Candidates who have passed a minimum of 3 years of Bachelors Degree or equivalent with at-least 50 percent marks (relaxation for SC/ST candidates of 5%) from a recognized university.