M.Tech - Mechanical Engineering (ME)
M.Tech in Mechanical Engineering is a two years program comprising of four semesters. This stream leads to specialization in the areas of: Thermal and Fluid, Production. Focus on research and development in mechanical engineering and finds application in manufacturing industries, automobile sector, and also plays an important role in public sector, government sector. Guest lectures by senior faculties from reputed institutions, workshops on emerging technologies are held timely.
After completion of MTech, students can opt for PhD program or they can join the various research organizations of country e.g. DRDO, ISRO etc. Employment prospects for mechanical engineers are strong, particularly where local economies are growing. Industrial sectors (government, public and private) in which mechanical engineers have traditionally made substantial contributions include defense, merchant navy, aerospace, automotive, chemical, computer and electronics, construction, consumer products, energy, engineering consulting and government.
Due importance is accorded to both theory and dissertation work, each of the subjects is handled by chosen, experienced staff, and is complemented by senior practicing experts from reputed industry. The dissertation work is supervised meticulously by specialized faculty. The department gives priority to its masters students as they constitute the backbone of research and development.
Laboratories in ME Department:
- Engineering Mechanics Lab
- Workshop Practices Lab
- Engineering Graphics Lab
- Machine Drawing-1&2 Lab
- Machine Design-1&2 lab
- Measurement and Metrology Lab
- Material Science Lab
- Fluid Mechanics Lab
- Hydraulic Machinery Lab
- Thermodynamics Lab
- Heat and Mass Transfer Lab
- Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Lab
- Internal Combustion Engine & Automobile Engineering Lab
- CAD/CAM Lab
- Manufacturing Science-1 & 2 Lab
- Knowledge to create highly sophisticated machines for technical purposes.
- Knowledge to design, analyze, test, manufacture and operate mechanical systems.
- Knowledge to understand the operation of an internal combustion engine, and to make it efficient.
- Knowledge to design and prototype new products.
- Knowledge to learn to program CNC machines.
- Knowledge to use computer graphics to model new products and systems.
- Knowledge to learn how mechanical, electrical, thermal and fluid systems work together.
- In a wide range of exciting industries including Aerospace, Automotive, Bio-medical, Chemical, Computers, Electronics, Fossil and Nuclear Power, Manufacturing, Pharmaceutical, Robotics and Textiles.
- In areas of research & development, design, testing and evaluation, manufacturing, operations and maintenance, marketing, sales and administration.
- In public sector units like Railways, ONGC, Indian Oil, ISRO, SAIL, NTPC, DDRO and IAF.
Eligibility : As per AICTE & University Guidelines.
Intake : 18 Seats
Duration : 2 Years