B.Tech - Mechanical Engineering (ME)
Mechanical Engineering is one of the major divisions within the profession. It's principles are involved in the design, development and construction of nearly all of the physical devices and systems which technology has produced. Mechanical engineers are also concerned with the operation of all kinds of machinery, and the production of power. They conceive, research, design, develop, test, manufacture and sell equipment for these purposes.
Manufacturing Engineering is a complex discipline and requires a great deal of specialized knowledge. Manufacturing engineers are required by all kinds of companies which manufacture a great variety of machines, robotics and other equipment. The manufacturing engineer may be responsible for the design, selection of materials, specifications and the improvement of production processes and equipment.
Job opportunities for Mechanical Engineers
Mechanical Engineering graduates can look for employment in almost every type of industry. The traditional mechanical industries include transportation vehicles, power plants, automotive, steel and metal, farm implements, heavy equipment and machine tools. Mechanical engineering involves the design, development and construction of nearly all of the physical devices and systems which technology has produced. Typical examples include automobiles, aircrafts, turbines, robotics, agriculture machinery, etc.
Laboratories in ME Department:
- Engineering Mechanics Lab
- Workshop Practices Lab
- Engineering Graphics Lab
- Machine Drawing-1&2 Lab
- Machine Design-1&2 lab
- Measurement and Metrology Lab
- Material Science Lab
- Fluid Mechanics Lab
- Hydraulic Machinery Lab
- Thermodynamics Lab
- Heat and Mass Transfer Lab
- Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Lab
- Internal Combustion Engine & Automobile Engineering Lab
- CAD/CAM Lab
- Manufacturing Science-1 & 2 Lab
- Knowledge to create highly sophisticated machines for technical purposes.
- Knowledge to design, analyze, test, manufacture and operate mechanical systems.
- Knowledge to understand the operation of an internal combustion engine, and to make it efficient.
- Knowledge to design and prototype new products.
- Knowledge to learn to program CNC machines.
- Knowledge to use computer graphics to model new products and systems.
- Knowledge to learn how mechanical, electrical, thermal and fluid systems work together.
- In a wide range of exciting industries including Aerospace, Automotive, Bio-medical, Chemical, Computers, Electronics, Fossil and Nuclear Power, Manufacturing, Pharmaceutical, Robotics and Textiles.
- In areas of research & development, design, testing and evaluation, manufacturing, operations and maintenance, marketing, sales and administration.
- In public sector units like Railways, ONGC, Indian Oil, ISRO, SAIL, NTPC, DDRO and IAF.
As per AICTE & University Guidelines.
For 2nd year (Lateral entry) Diploma in Engineering with 60% and above marks OR B.Sc Degree with Mathematics.
Intake : 120 Seats
Duration : 4 Years